Do What You Love at Ugabus.com
People sometimes ask what's the secret to Ugabus' success. The answer is obvious: People! Ugabus strives to work with the most talented, hardworking and passionate teams our continent Africa has to offer.
At Ugabus, we don't work - we live it! No one ever asks you to work overtime or checks if you show up late in the morning. Those concepts don't apply at Ugabus. In the transport sector, people are always travelling, whether day or night, meaning our working times can never be defined by the usual 9/5. We do whatever it takes to get whatever needs getting done. It ends up being a lot of overtime. We are always working. There is no off switch. If you have your sleeves rolled up and ready to sweat it for the long-haul, and be part of a team that will help to redefine travel for Africa, then read on. If not, you can save your lazy bum some reading.
You should do what you do best. At Ugabus, believe in leveraging people to their strength. We can't guarantee we always have an opening for your particular skill set, but if you are good, we usually try hard to make you a seat in our rocket ship. Everyone who works at Ugabus starts off as a Volunteer for such a time when they prove their worth to be given a seat on the table. Look through these available offers but if you can’t volunteer a month working for FREE, don’t even waste your time emailing our busy HR person.
Please note, all positions at Ugabus require relevant experience Applications without required experience will not be considered. Ugabus is growing to become the No.1 digital platform for buses and travel related products. We need people to join our cause. Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the travel industry and contribute to the transport revolution that is changing the world?
Ugabus is looking for an experienced Content Writer who can formulate stimulating written content to educate, inspire and excite our existing and new audience. With an East African audience, your material will shape how the world sees Ugabus.
A proficient Content Writer will be responsible for inbound marketing strategies and creation of content for avenues such as our homepage, blogs, social media, PR announcements.
Content development, with the intent of attracting customers, will be a large part of this position. Content developed needs to be fresh, up to date, and engaging for the customer.
Being current on the cryptocurrency, blockchain/DLT space, new technologies and marketing trends is vital to success in this role. The expansion of the company’s digital footprint is your ultimate goal, along with brand awareness.
- Creation of multiple articles weekly with the goal of educating, exciting and inspiring our global audience and attracting new fans to our platform
- proactively proposing ideas for new avenues and types of content to share with out users
- Generate ideas to increase customer engagement, while receiving and responding to feedback from customers.
- Analysis of web traffic metrics and optimization of content
- Edit, proofread, improve, and deliver engaging content to the customer regularly
- Design marketing strategies with goals that are short term as well as long term.
- Achieve business targets through content marketing strategies
- Ensure a diverse web presence by sharing content through a multiplicity of channels
- Excellent creative writing ability, proven with available examples
- Passion and experience writing in the IT/Tech/Fintech field, especially for the cryptocurrency space.
- Clear, concise and unambiguous writing style
- Ability to produce content quickly, on a regular basis
- Strong social media platform understanding
- Native or close to Native level English ability.
- Full University degree is a must (for visa purposes)
- Flexibility for location
- Full relocation support
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working conditions
- Flat organisation
- Great Locations with a highly talented and international colleagues
- Be a part of the exciting future of the transport revolution and work on the world's no.1 travel StartUp.
Growth Marketing (Online and Offline Marketing)
Ugabus is building a superstar team of experienced marketing experts to flexibly lead our marketing activities touching regions in all corners of East Africa.
Ugabus is looking for a growth marketing specialist covering multiple regions who have experience with marketing operations and strategy.
We are looking for someone to expand our reach even further.
They will be tasked with the responsibility of expanding our brand awareness across the globe, planning and executing creative marketing campaigns both online and offline.
- Planning and execution of online and some offline marketing activities, events, and campaigns to a global audience
- Grow our user base and increase awareness of the Binance brand in fun, creative and informative ways
- Monitor event/campaign progress and results using data analysis and user feedback to ensure ever-improving efficacy and user experience
- Innovate new ways to increase brand awareness and keep up to date on modern marketing trends
- Minimum of 1 years of marketing planning and execution work experience, preferably in tech and internet, B2C facing.
- Strong coordination skills and strategic mindset towards marketing with familiarity with online marketing avenues such as SNS, email, paid advertisement
- Proven experience in growing a user base
- Native or close to native level English
- A strong interest in crypto/blockchain space is desirable
- Flexibility for location
- University degree relating to marketing a plus